Sunday, February 20, 2011

21. Ahadiat Akashah

While writing this, suddenly I remembered of first ever novel that I read. It was ‘Pilot Cafe’ by Ahadiat Akashah. For those who don’t know him, he is one of the famous Malay novelist back in year 2000. I was 16 then. Yes, it’s all started after I join asrama (Boarding school) in year 2000. I have no interest in reading English book then, hmm..Probably you guys know ready by looking into my poor writing skill. Anyway, WHATEVER!

 I don’t remember the exact date, but it was after our night prep and some girls already started to go to sleep when i approach Zamira, my dorm mate and she also my batch, just different class. I used to see Zamira and her sister reading novel and after lots of arguments within myself, I borrowed the book with condition that I have to return the next morning. So, that night after the light was off at 11pm, everyone has to sleep but I sneak to the nearest corridor and with that light, I read till 2am. That’s the max I can go. The next day, I returned the book with the hope to read the book till the end next time and that’s how I’m addicted. Till date I had read more than 50++ Malay novel. I stop reading after I finish study since lots of new coming stories are stereotype and change to read English novel instead.


Some of his best selling novel:

1. Lagenda Budak Setan
2. Kasyah
3. Katrina
4. Sayap-sayap Cinta
5. Pilot Cafe
6. Untuk gadis yang kucintai
7. Secangkir Kopi di Pilot Cafe
8. Hikayat Cinderella
He made record in Malaysian Book of Record for highest number of books written, 86 books in short span of time.  Latest, I heard some bad news in his personal life but still I know you ROCK! 

No comments:

Post a Comment